Collier Child Care Resources, Inc. is providing quality child care programs called A Step Up- Child Development Center – Golden Gate and A Step Up- Child Development Center – Immokalee for teen parents to send their children while attending their high school courses. For Collier County Public School employees, we also provide quality child care services for a fee. Collier Child Care Resources has a contract with The School District of Collier County to provide customized, individualized educational Teenage Parent Programs for pregnant teenagers and teenage parents. These programs are designed to aid the pregnant teenager or teenage parent in earning a high school diploma. The academic status of each student is evaluated upon entry and an individualized educational program is prescribed. Students may complete course work leading to a high school diploma while enrolled in the program or may re-enter the regular school program at any time. Child care and transportation are provided for the teenage parent and pregnant teenagers.
- Increase the likelihood of pregnant teenagers and teenage parents earning a high school diploma
- Increase the student’s level of knowledge and skill in health care, parenting skills and child growth and development.
Objectives – By the end of the school year
- 60% of the students will remain in school or graduate
- 100% of the students will continue with their academic program while enrolled in the Teenage Parent Program
- 80% of the students will demonstrate knowledge of effective parenting skills as evidenced by a pre and post test
- 60% of the students will not have a repeat pregnancy during the current school year
- 70% of the students who enter the program during the first or second trimester of pregnancy will deliver babies that have a birth weight of 5.5 pounds or greater.
To help achieve the School District of Collier County’s Goals and Objectives at Golden Gate and Immokalee High Schools, Collier Child Care Resources, Inc. offers quality early learning programs called A Step Up- Child Development Center for the children of teen parents who are attending their high school courses. The teen parents are given the opportunity to continue their high school education without the concern of how they will afford quality child care. The programs serve up to 125 children from two weeks to five years old. We also provide mentoring of developmentally appropriate practices and parent education for the teen parents.
Childcare Available for:
- Teen Parents of Collier County
- Collier County Public School Employees.
Infants: Monday – Friday, 6:45 a.m.-2:30 p.m.; Extended Hours until 3:30 p.m.
Warm and Inviting Atmosphere, Loving and Nurturing Childcare Providers
Free to Members of the Teen Parent Program
Cost to Teachers and Collier County Public School Employees:
2018-2019 Tuition Rates Golden Gate High School location
6:30 am.- 2:30 p.m.
6:30 a.m.- 3:30 p.m.
|Part Time MWF||Part Time- Extended Day MWF|
2018-2019 Tuition Rates Immokalee High School location
6:30a.m. – 2:30p.m.
|Full Time Extended Day 6:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.||Part Time
|2 Year Olds||$105||$115||$55||$65|
|3-4 Year Olds||$105||$115||$55||$65|
Contact Us For More Information:
A Step Up- Child Development Center – Golden Gate
Golden Gate High School
2925 Titan Way, Naples, FL 34116
Ivette Aponte-Torres, Center Director
Phone: 239.377.1750 Fax: 239.377.1116
A Step Up- Child Development Center – Immokalee
Immokalee High School
701 Immokalee Dr.
Immokalee, FL 34142
Phone: 239.377.7916 Fax: 239.658.7087