Collier Child Care Resources (CCCR) is pleased to announced that they have been accepted by Whole Foods Market for the Donate Your Dime program during the first quarter of 2018.
Donate Your Dime Program
Whole Foods Market gives 10 cents per bag to customers who re-use their own shopping bags for their purchased groceries. This program reduces the impact on the environment, and supports local non-profit groups. Customers have the choice to accept their cash refund, or donate the cash back to the store’s chosen non-profit organization, or to the Whole Planet Foundation. One local non-profit is chosen each quarter to receive the Donate Your Dime option. Collier Child Care Resources is honored to have been chosen for the first quarter of 2018 – an excellent way to kick-off the new year!
“We’re excited for this opportunity to partner with a brand that truly believes in supporting the local community,” says Niccole Howard, CEO & Executive Director at CCCR. “All money received from the program will help support the healthy meals and snacks that CCCR provides to the 300 students in our care.”
In 2017, through the efforts of CCCR’s many campaigns and supporters, the organization was able to:
- Open two new Child Development Centers – Little Wonders and Child’s Path.
- Open two new toddler classrooms for children ages 1-2 to meet the urgent local need.
- Provide partial tuition assistance for 225 economically disadvantaged children.
- Supply them with approximately 34,000 healthy meals and snacks.
- Celebrate the graduation of 68 children from our VPK classrooms.